Soup Swap III: The Thickening
People LOVE this event!
One of the Co-op's hottest events, Soup Swap III arrives just in time for cooler weather!
Here's all you need to know about the Soup Swap!
1. Choose your favorite FREEZABLE soup recipe (read more about freezing soup here). Chili is acceptable.
2. Make enough soup to COMPLETELY fill six 1-quart containers. (This will likely require you to make 2 - 4 batches.)
3. Divide soup into six 1-quart gladware-type containers (ie, disposable, b/c you will not get them back, but you will get 6 replacements). Let the soup cool to room temperature.
4. Label each quart with the type of soup and whether or not it is vegetarian/vegan. Place soup quarts in the freezer.
5. Make a bunch of copies of your recipe.
6. Grab a bottle of wine or a tasty appetizer to share and show up at 6:30 pm on Thursday, October 24.
7. Upon arrival, you will get to pick a number. Your number corresponds to the order in which you select your soup. The draft will snake around - in other words, when we arrive at the last number, that person will start the second round and we will pick in reverse order.
8. We will do a brief intro and description of soups and then promptly at 7pm, we will start the draft.
9. Collect as many recipe copies as you like.
- Store/restaurant-bought soup is not allowed in this swap. Cheaters will be heckled and thrown out of the draft.
- If you can't cook or don't dig on soup or if you are the partner/spouse of someone who is cooking the soup, feel free to come by to witness the soup drafting frenzy. You can also pair up with a friend, make soup together, and then split up your swap. Space is plentiful but not unlimited so please follow this link to get a free "Watcher" ticket.
- Swappers must also get a free ticket!! Also, closer to the date, please be sure to post what type of soup you are bringing (and if it is vegetarian/vegan). It helps avoid too many duplications. You can comment leave the comment on our Facebook event page! We have a more limited amount of space for Swappers so get your ticket quickly.
- If you are unable to attend, but are desperate to participate, you may draft by proxy, either by sending a representative or by dropping off soup ahead of time and trusting (yikes) us to draft for you. Note, the soup goods must be delivered in order to draft. No soup, no draft.
- If you discover 4 or 5 days in advance that you can't make it and won't be dropping off any soup, please let us know so we can offer your spot up to someone else.
Come at 6:30pm for snacks and drinks, swapping starts at 7pm.
WHEN: October 24, 2013 at 6:30pm - 8:30pm
House of a Board Member
1510 S 12th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Google map and directions
CONTACT: Leigh Goldenberg