- Watchdog Project Managers has generously offered pro bono services to the Co-op, and we are pleased to have our long-time real estate committee member Natalie representing us professionally.
- We are continuing to make progress on the real estate front. We announced at our spring meeting that we were further along in the real estate search than ever before--and that continues to be the case. Rest assured when we do have a location to announce, our members will be the first to know.
- Peter Frank, executive director of the Philadelphia Area Cooperative Alliance, gave us an update on yesterday’s City Council hearing on cooperative business. They are asking the city to set aside $2 million to provide technical assistance to Co-ops and seed a loan fund that will help spur successful cooperative development citywide.
We also want to give special thanks to the Aquinas Center for being our gracious hosts for the evening, to John Vena Produce for providing the gooseberries and other fresh fruit and vegetable snacks, and to Sole Kombucha for the delicious samples (may we recommend that you visit our Shop South Philly partner, Vin Cafe, and try the apple cider pumpkin spice--you won’t regret it.)
- Members, there is no time like the present to get current on your equity payments! If you have questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can still support the Co-op through our coffee program--we receive up to 50% of the sales of each 1lb bag of South Philly Blend. Order online today!
- If you are interested in getting more involved with the Co-op, we have volunteer opportunities with our membership, outreach, and marketing committees. Fill out our volunteer interest survey online and we'll match your interests with a committee. You can also e-mail email@example.com.
Thanks again to everyone who joined us.