Here a simple and tasty kind of Mediterranean recipe. Try it and the sun will shine for you - at least in your belly. :)
Tomato-Rice-Feta dish (for 2 people)
- 1/2 onion
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 6 mushrooms
- vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup of rice (basmati works the best)
- feta cheese (Trader Joes-Israeli feta)
- Cook rice.
- Cut the onions and fry them in a pan.
- Add tomatoes and mushroom, cook for 5 min, add broth and let simmer for another 5 min.
- Add rice and cook on low for 5 min.
- Cut feta cheese into little blocks and stick them into the rice mixture. Cover the pan so the feta cheese can get soft; let it sim for another 10 minutes.
- For decoration add cilantro or parsley.