As part of National Volunteer Week, and in true cooperative and food justice fashion, we're teaming up with our friends at Philabundance to fight hunger! Join us at the South Philly Food Co-op Volunteer Night on April 25 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. to sort and pack food items as we work together to use food as a force for good.
If you're interested in participating, read on for details about how to reserve your spot. Philabundance can accommodate 15 Co-op volunteers at its food bank, and we hope you'll be one of them!
WHAT: Co-op Volunteer Night at Philabundance
WHEN: Tuesday, April 25, 6-8:30 p.m.
WHERE: The Hunger Relief Center, 3616 S. Galloway St., Philadelphia PA 19148 (parking available)
How to Sign Up:
- Visit http://philabundance.volunteerhub.com.
- Click “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner and follow the steps as instructed to sign in or create an account if you don’t have one.
- When creating a login, you will be asked to enter South Philly Food Co-op’s join code: 255035. (If you already have an account but did not enter your join code, please contact the Philabundance volunteer department, and they will manually add it.)
- After you create a login, go to the tab “All Events” under “Events” to sign up for your shift.
- Scroll down to find the “Evening” shift on April 25. Click the “Sign Up” button to the left of the “Event Name.”
- Choose "South Philly Food Co-op."
- Each Volunteer will receive a confirmation email with further instructions.
A Few More Things to Remember:
- Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes (no sandals or flip-flops allowed).
- Volunteers may be working in the refrigerator or freezer with produce or meat, so we recommend wearing pants and socks with your shoes, as well as bringing a sweatshirt. Philabundance provides jackets and gloves.
3616 S Galloway St
Philadelphia, PA 19148
Google map and directions