The South Philadelphia Food Co-op's mission is to open a member-owned cooperative grocery store that makes good food available at a fair price to all residents of South Philadelphia, while empowering the local community through sustainable practices, food-centric education, outreach, and community building.
We are accepting applications for the part-time contracted position of Capital Campaign Coordinator until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Board Member, Anna Shipp at email@example.com.
Develop plan for $500k Capital Campaign based on the FCI Member Loan Toolbox or other proven method.
● Create plan, goals (members, $ per member, $s, # meetings), budget, timeline, and tracking system for a Capital Campaign with help of the Operations, Legal and Membership committees and the Board.
● The financial goal of the Capital Campaign is a combination of additional Member Equity along with Member Loans.
Oversee and Implement the Capital Campaign.
● Recruit and lead the team that will perform the Campaign.
● Develop a communication plan for team members, Board, and member-owners.
● Coordinate efforts with the Membership, Program & Events, and Marketing and Communication Committees.
● Track all aspects of the Capital Campaign.
Promote Capital Campaign and build overall momentum.
● Work with the Marketing and Communications Committee to develop a marketing strategy for the campaign.
● Ensure important announcements and campaign progress updates are created and distributed, with the help of Marketing and Communications committee.
● Develop promotional budget, plan and materials list.
Reporting to the Member Loan Committee Chair and the Board
● Report directly the Member Loan Committee Chair.
● Submit written weekly reports via email to the President and the Board.
● Report monthly in person at the Board meetings.
● Ensure that during the implementation phase of the campaign, updates via tracking system are generated and disseminated daily.
● Strong interpersonal/networking and communication skills
● Motivated self-starter
● Experience with non-profit/major donor fundraising and/or capital raising and community organizing (preferably in South Philadelphia)
● Detail oriented, ability to work on deadlines
● Familiarity with CRM database
● Ability to recruit and mobilize a team of volunteers
● Strong computer literacy skills
● Commitment to the mission and goals of the South Philly Food Co-op
Terms of Position
• 15-25 hours per week
• $20-25 per hour
• Likely 3-4 month duration
• Flexible schedule required: occasional evenings and weekends
• Contract for hire (must submit own taxes)