UPDATE: Be sure to arrive early at 6 p.m. for the "amazing reason" to attend the Fall General Membership Meeting (see below).
ORIGINAL: If you're a member of the South Philly Food Co-op (or an observer pondering membership, and if so, why not join now?), you know that the co-op is about getting together.
But twice a year we ALL get together for our big general membership meetings.
There are five great reasons (and one really amazing reason) to attend the Fall General Membership Meeting on Thursday, October 17th, at 6:30 p.m., at the Pep Community Room at 1200 South Broad Street.
First, the great reasons:
- You'll get to mingle with all of the people working with you to bring a member-owned cooperative grocery store to South Philly. See old friends and make new ones!
- You'll get an update on how the co-op is doing financially.
- You'll learn about our spring board elections and how you can take part.
- You'll hear the results of our market study.
- You'll get to talk to representatives of our various committees to find out how you can apply your knowledge and abilities to the cause.
Oh, and the amazing reason to attend?
Rocco and Scott (a Co-op Member) from Di Bruno Bros. will guide us through a local cheese pairing - with plenty of delicious samples!
See you there!
P.S. Members, please take a few moments to review the meeting minutes from our Spring General Membership Meeting. If you have any questions or comments before Thursday's meeting you can email them to general (a) southphillyfoodcoop.org. We'll begin the meeting by calling for a vote to approve these minutes and enter them into the official record.