We have this theory here at the South Philly Food Co-op that every single member (we're talking to all 533 of you lovely people) knows at least one other person who ought to join. We like to call these folks "not-yet members," and we need your help to realize their potential!
If you're a member of the Co-op and you're ready to help grow our membership by recruiting those neighbors, family members, block captains and businesspeople we need on board to help open our doors, consider hosting an Eat & Greet!
Here's how it works: These house parties are fun, informal gatherings — pot-luck suppers, dinner parties, wine-and-cheese events, brunches — hosted by current Co-op members. In between bites or hors d'oeuvres and sips of wine, a Co-op representative will share information about the Co-op, speak about the importance of joining, and answer any questions your guests may have. All you have to do is open up your home to your favorite folks and let the Co-op rep do the talking!
Three ways to help:
1) Most importantly, we need hosts! If you're willing to invite some friends into your home to share food and talk about the Co-op, let us know!
2) If everyone in your circle's already a member but you love throwing parties, become a venue volunteer and we'll do the recruitment work for you!
3) We're also looking for co-hosts — those who know a bunch of not-yet members but don't have the space to host. We'll match you up with a venue volunteer and together you can do great things.
Benefits for our Hosts: In addition to sharing some good food and hospitality with your friends and neighbors, hosts of Eat and Greets will receive the following perks:
- 8 hours of volunteering credit
- A Co-op coffee mug or $5 off a Co-op t-shirt (coming soon!)
- 1 raffle ticket for every member who joins are your Eat and Greet - raffle of gift certificates to take place at our 599 and You victory party on April 28th at Boot and Saddle
- And don't forget, some our Shop South Philly partners may offer the perfect items for your party:
And don't forget: If you already know someone who's ready to join, send them to our website!