Anyone that knows me knows that i just love chick peas. I eat them all the time and I am constantly looking for new recipes on how to dress them up for the next meal. Di Bruno Bros. has a great recipe for spring time.
- 1 pound of chick peas
- 1 medium red onion sliced thin
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp chopped preserved lemon
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese, like Bucheron
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing
- 3 oz Imported red wine vinegar
- 6 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 filets of anchovies
- Make the dressing by rendering the anchovy filets in a sauté pan with a little of the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook lightly for 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the anchovy mixture and vinegar, then whisk in the olive oil.
- Toss with the remaining ingredients, chill for one hour, serve. Serves 4-6.